Rights and Responsibilities
When you receive financial aid through West Virginia University (including its divisional
campuses), you assume certain rights and responsibilities.
You have the right to:
- Apply for additional assistance within regulatory guidelines when increased financial need can be demonstrated and funds are available.
- Appeal a decision regarding your financial aid eligibility.
- Expect and receive confidentiality of your financial aid award information.
- Reapply for financial aid eligibility each year within the guidelines of the West Virginia University system financial aid satisfactory academic progress standards.
- Report any change in your or your parent's financial situation from that reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Report any education loans, grants, scholarships, or fellowships received from other sources.
- Not engage in the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance.
- Attend class on a regular basis and to make normal progress toward graduation (repeated withdrawals from courses will jeopardize your eligibility to receive financial assistance).
- Repay educational loans according to the promissory note you signed.
- Complete an exit interview if you receive funding through the Federal Perkins Loan program, Federal TEACH Grant, or Federal Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Loan programs.